File photo - Young parade watches are set in their best red, white, and blue garb awaiting last year’s parade in Northville.
NORTHVILLE — The Northville Civic Associa-tion has worked hard to bring back the “glory days” of the Northville Doin’s.
This year they are hosting the first ever karaoke contest on Friday night in the village park at the bandstand, with large money prizes for the winners.
There will be a large selection of rides and games for all ages as well as new and exciting food vendors, crafters and flea market dealers. They have selected some musical selections for your enjoyment this week, Thursday will be Steve West, DJ playing his tunes from 7 to 10 p.m.; Friday will be the world famous karaoke contest with Scott Browne, KJ starting at 6:30 pm and Saturday will the the band , Crossfire from Saratoga Springs, playing their music from 7 to 10 p.m.
The parade committee is bringing you one the best parades at 1 p.m. on Saturday, with live animals, school bands, local business advertisements, old cars, and the Albany Bag Pipers band, just to name a few.
The Doin’s will be held in the Village Park on Main Street on Thursday, July 5 from 5 to 10 p.m.; Friday, July 6 from 5 to 11p.m. and Saturday, July 7 from 12 noon to 11 p.m. with a grand fireworks display on Saturday night at 9:30 p.m. over the Northville Little lake.
If you would like more information on the events taking place, please visit www.Northvilleny.com for all the details or email the Civic Association at email@example.com
Also happening in Northville this weekend:
• The Northville Farmers Market, usually held Fridays in the park is relocated on Friday, July 6 the The Red Barn from 2 to 5 p.m.
• Thursday, July 5 through Saturday, July 7 is the Northville Public Library’s annual Mammoth Book Sale. The Library, located at 341 South Third St., in Northville will offer a Mammoth Book Sale from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with tons of books and videos for bargain prices, for the grand three day event.
• Saturday, July 7, the annual Bake Sale at the First United Methodist Church, 301 South Main St. in Northville will offer fresh, homemade specialities as a fundraiser on the church lawn.
• Saturday, July 7, a book signing with Russell Dunn and Barbara Delaney, authors of ADK Trails with Tales, ADK Waterfall Guide, Adventures around the GSL, and introducing their new Release: Kayakers Guide To The Lake George — Sacandaga Region. Barbara will be releasing her new book: Finding Griffin.
• Saturday, July 7, SVAN Entertainment in Hope will present their first summer concert featuring Patti Casey, taking place at the Hope Pavilion, located just off of State Highway 30 in Hope from 6 to 8 p.m.
The Sacandaga Valley Arts Network and the Town of Hope present the concert at the Hope Pavilion with Patti Casey known as “Sweetest voice and some of the finest songwriting to come out of Vermont in the last 25 years” — Vermont Public Radio.
Food will be available from the Sacandaga Task Force for Senior Living. There will be a free will donation taken. (Suggested donation $5/person.)